Dearest Friends,

Planning, organizing and time-management were the skills that I used to hear in my business management class and never truly believed in their significance in order to have a productive and healthy life, until recently. And oh boy I have become obsessed with organizing and managing time efficiently, would you believe I have three separate planners for my daily, weekly and work life. Plus I am using reminder apps, evening shopping list app on my mobile so I don’t have to memorize the grocery list or paying bills or doing errands.

It gets even better, because there are Namaz/prayer and even present-moment reminder apps and all we need to do, is install them all. I recently bumped on Google calendar and it is Amazing. I simply put all my work schedules, including breakfast, lunch, afternoon nap, dinner and prayer timing, it then colour codes/time blocks that period giving me a precise track of my daily and weekly activities. Before using Google calendar I thought I was wasting my time, then I realized that praying and eating meals have been taking reasonable time and I am not wasting any time.

Nevertheless, I have given myself time-slots to clueless watching of celebrities on Instagram and for my favourite murder-mystery genre. So you see I am not working like a machine, I have designated time for everything because when one is teaching, then preparing for lectures; looking into latest research and court cases takes huge chunks of my day when I am chained for hours to my desk. Therefore, taking breaks, looking into house chores also requires timely attention and this is why planning is crucial.

I recommend all of you who need structure and healthy balance between work and living should go for planning, and Google calendar can be a great help as it seamlessly syncs with your mobile, morning alarms, computers and smart watch.

Truly technology is wonderful because now I can focus on what is relevant and don’t get bogged down because I have forgotten which spice or cooking oil we need urgently. 

After a long time I have a mini break from professional activities and I have promised myself to look after ‘Me’. Since last Friday I have fallen ill due to flu and sore throat but thankfully it was just flu and I am feeling much better.

Lately, I have beginning to feel that I am gathering quite relevant and useful information of various sorts to share with everyone. o the plan is to write a blog post at least once a week on this site as well as on LinkedIn. Material on Linkedin will be more focused on various legal issues regarding personal and professional matters. So please check out my name Twitter, Linkedin & Instagram so we can connect more often on these sites. I will be waiting for you.

With all my best wishes..
Sonya Syed. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019