Rain, Rain Come Again!

 

I am speaking on behalf of Karachites: “Please Allah, I love you and I love rain but please make it stop. I am okay with a bit of drizzle here and there, dark skies and cold breeze but this city does not have the capacity to endure your divine love, we just can’t handle it.”   


After a tornado of chaos, emotional roller coaster rides, Covid 19, isolation, social distancing, masks, sanitizers, pain of losing a beloved family member suddenly and the craziest social media- I have been trying to find my centre the inner place where I can go and dream of anything. Immense struggle of no avail.

2020 has been a very difficult year probably the most challenging one of my life. For the last 9-10 years I have been meditating, praying diligently and life has been pretty good to me however the emotional and financial crisis of the world jolted the best of the spiritual practises. I really believe that corona virus was a three-second trailer of the judgement day. Now on 27th August 2020 when I am writing this post, it is really astonishing to realize that I have actually made it, I am alive and okay.

I am blessed and lucky beyond imagination and God has always been kind to me. Yes, I know it’s a very big statement and many of us would never be able to call ourselves lucky or blessed but you know what, we should do declare our Good Luck more often. Complaining, finding faults in the system or in the family or with the work is the easiest thing to do and always proclaiming how unfortunate we are, we make sure to remain stuck in the bad situation The observer effect in quantum physics states that the mere observation of a phenomenon inevitably changes that phenomenon. Besides, there is no system no workplace nor any human being in the world who can make us happy- what is important to shift our focus from being a sufferer to a solution-finder.

Of course, easier said than done. Every day, every moment it is a conscious choice that we all need to make and it’s not easy, but it is much better than whining or complaining for the situations that are beyond our control. The only thing that I can control is myself and my mind.

Many sun shines..…

Sonya Syed.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019