To friends


For quite some time I deliberately refrained from talking about negative things with my friends. Neither I allowed them nor did I give myself the liberty to discuss problematic situations. I believe that the more you focus on something with all your energy the more it will become your reality. Focus on good things and be grateful and you would receive more of the same.

However, yesterday it occurred to me that when we share something painful with our friends its purpose is not to spread negativity rather its aim is to share and get rid of all that is distressing. We do need to bring out what is bothering us or else it will keep bubbling, causing far more damage.

Our real friends are not only our companions but they perform many roles in our life. If we are doing something harmful then they become our parents and stop us from acting stupid.

When we have heartbreak our friend nurses our wounds with care. When we need to share our secrets and beautiful moments they become our confidants. When we want to break someone’s bones for hurting us, they become our psycho-therapists who would not only listen to our hours and hours of whining but also guide us to sanity.

Consider yourself lucky if you have a sincere friend and if you have more than one sincere friend than my dear you are divinely blessed. 

One of my bestest friend is out of country and I am missing her a lot, but I am grateful for another one who is here with me.

Friends this one is for you….. Cheers :)

Love.

Sonya. (Day 347)

Comments

Naved said…
To friends............cheers :)
Star said…
One of our hostel & college friend who lives in another city couldn’t meet us on Eid & despite of our calls he didn’t responded. Yesterday we (two friends living in two different cities) planned & did a conference call to our that friend which was attended. We told him that we are in his city now to meet him and are waiting for him 15 KM away from his home. He was very happy to hear this and took half leave from his office & reached on the fixed spot.
We switched off our mobiles for around 30 minutes. When we again switched on our mobiles we received his call asking anxiously where we are………. Poor guy was told that I am in Karachi & other one is XYZ city and are doing conference call just to make him “BAKRA”. Everybody can imagine his position & that situation… Can’t tell what he said to both of us….
Finally we told him that he is being made "BAKRA" in punishment of not to respond our calls & not to meet at Eid. In the night we received his sms

“I am very happy that we people still have same relationship as was in college & hostel days…..no formalities etc……..Love you Kaminoooo”
Sonya Syed said…
Poor guy..I cant even imagine how he must have felt.

Its a funny yet a beautiful story and I must say that all of you are very lucky to have each other....

Its so wonderful that we can share our joyful moments & our stories..

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019