Words



Enough is enough! I just cannot contain it anymore- the words need to come out and I need to speak up or else it will take my breath away, literally.

I am amazed at how much I am deeply attached to this blog and talking to you all, that these few days of separation between us and I could not even sleep properly.

So what happened, where did I lost my pace? All I can say that I am just a lazy person who is unable to properly manage her daily routine. Whenever there was time and space to write something, I didn’t have the right energy to focus on anything. Fasting changes you, especially if you do not have proper plans to manage your routines.

Presidential elections are on their way, although in our parliamentary system President is merely a symbol of the solidarity of the State. Nevertheless, with our past experiences of excessive dictatorship President inevitably takes up an important position. From the news it all seems that elections are only a formality because every party has clearly shown its inclinations.

The grace and beauty of the Blessed month of Ramazan is far too enriching for the soul that you do need anything else to fulfill you. Everything changes for this one month, our mornings, our habits, our lifestyle and our prayers get accepted with rocket speed. So be careful what you wish for....

Although where I live, there seems to be quietude in the late hours of the night yet when you step outside this residential area, entire city is bursting with energy. We Pakistanis, especially the people of Karachi are bravest people on this planet because irrespective of the frightening law and order situation in the city we go out and try our best to have fun.

I have surprised myself this Ramadan because it is for the first time in my life that I was shopping (read window-shopping) with my family till midnight. I must say it was a great experience, we were tired inexplicably but I had fun.

Actually the late shopping was not intentional rather it was necessary, due to the excessive heat it was not possible to roam around during the day time. By the time we did our Iftaari cum dinner it got almost 8.30 in the evening and then I get very slow- so much so that a turtle seems to be running as compared to me.

Now comes the actual buying, which is another task for me. I am not a shopper by nature I only buy things whenever I need them so I don’t have any practice of doing things quickly. If I am 100% sure what I want then I do things quickly and if I am in my confusion mode then selecting single item could easily take me an hour.   

This is when I need people to push me and give extremely good opinion so I can move a bit quickly but if you are going for shopping with someone like me then expect laziness, confusion, sudden hunger and thirst pangs, and yes who can forget weakness.

This month of blessings is only with us for few more days, and like everyone else I shall try my best to make the most of the time left in this month.

Keeping important words chained in your heart is such a burden but it is immensely peaceful to say all that you need to say.

A very Good Night!

Sonya Syed. (Day 440)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019