The Light



I was thinking for a long time to share my favourite verses from different Surahs of the Holy Quran, and what is the best time than Ramadan. The verse I quoted above is from Surah Talaq, and has always shown me light whenever it was the darkest. 

There have been many times in my life especially academic moments, when I was going through my making or breaking moments, when I lost my courage to move on and then there came the Divine help for me, and I received whatever I desired.

When I changed my school after completing 8th grade I took admission in another good school but unfortunately it had bad management. So within couple of months I decided to shift to another one, however, it was extremely difficult to change schools so rapidly when the board examination forms for grade 9 were submitted by all the schools.

We took a big risk and my mom and I were very terrified that I might lose one year. Afraid but fixed to our faith, we went to St. Patrick’s school and talked to the principal, Ms. Amy Gonzales to take me. Although it was way late for admission but Ms. Amy gave me a chance. She said if I cleared her tests then she might think about it; and voila I cleared and got my admission. 

Same thing happened when I was in a desperate search for a senior lawyer with whom I can work and learn. After many efforts, and days and nights of crying there were no fruitful results. Many lawyers rejected me because I was a female and it was too much responsibility for them, the ones who allowed me to intern with them didn’t provide enough ground to learn.

Once again down and desperate, Dean of my law university stepped in to help. We were sitting in High Court, and it was Thursday I think, the lawyer we were waiting for didn’t show up but another senior high-profile lawyer entered the courtroom. He didn’t talk to me but inquired from my Principal, as to what am I doing with him. My principal told him my sad story. Within the blink of an eye this senior lawyer said, ‘I will hire her, if she wants to join my firm’.

Did I want to join his firm? Hoooo Of course Sir I am too ready to work with your law firm. It was Thursday and from Monday I was working with a big name. There I learned and grew and evolved and made mistakes but I learned it all.

When I completed my litigation training I was thinking about what new avenues I could explore. And then one fine day in the extreme heat of October, I was running from one court room to another to follow the cases, carrying 20 files, reading and rehearsing my tribunal and district court cases- out of nowhere I received another life-changing offer by another senior corporate lawyer- who refused me earlier, not one but two times.

These and many other moments when I thought I had lost it, I was shown the Divine mercy.

It is a common belief that if we can get connected to the highest authority in power or in any organization, we can make it to the top. So I always follow this advice and get connected with the Highest Authority who has unimaginable power and authority, in fact He is the owner of everything and everyone in this world, universe, and all the galaxies.

However, in order to connect with Him you have to challenge yourself, push yourself to the edge, leave your comfort zones, be honest and truthful and follow your dreams.

Have a great week!

Sonya Syed. (Day 534)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019