Linked In

Yesterday evening was really tough as I was down with a bad headache, nothing made sense. I had a strange feeling, so for no particular reason I opened up facebook and then as I was going through the news feed, I saw that Maalik’s official page has shared my post of Day 562. Day before yesterday I wrote an email to Mr. Ashir Azeem where I shared my excitement about his film, congratulated him for his endeavor and shared my blog link. And next day he shared my link on his page. Suddenly the high intensity of headache lessened to lower degrees; and I was very happy. Thank you so much Ashir Sir for acknowledging my humble effort. 

When I was beginning my law practice I had few weeks of internship with Ms. Naveen Merchant advocate, one day as we were coming out of the Custom House I told Ms. Merchant about my wish to meet Ashir Azeem and with all her motherly affection she got excited and immediately called few people to arrange my meeting at Ashir Sir’s office, but unfortunately he was not there. I was disheartened but not disappointed.

"Dhooan" the play he directed for PTV from Quetta center took the entire nation by storm, when the play used to air all roads and shops became empty as everyone watched it. The team of Dhooan celebrated the success party in Quetta, the event was organized in a large ground and it was freezing. Within few minutes into function it started to rain heavily, yet amidst of rain and crushing winter- not a single audience member moved and the entire show was done as planned  in open air.

From this we can understand how people felt about the play, and how much its team members were loved and revered by everyone. The whole package of Dhooan, the characters, location, action and thrill were impeccable; and the best thing about Dhooan was its very contemporary treatment of the story, which made it relevant in late 90s as well as for today’s time. It still looks fresh and modern. So all in all, Ashir Azeem was great then and he is superb now.


Sonya Syed. (Day 563)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019