My Cleaning Obsession

Disappearance from my beloved blog had been due to exhaustion, mainly because of domestic work rather than professional. To look into chores that have been missed out at home save for when simple cleaning starts bordering to obsessive compulsive disorder then the obvious result is exhaustion.  My argument for cleaning up is that it feels like every encumbrance around you and within you just cleaned up, leaving you fresh and renewed. With New energy, new hope, new expectations. However excess of anything is poison and to get high from cleanliness is not a healthy tendency either.

It worries me when people visit my place and I get so much into this cleaning business that even a switchboard in kitchen or rooms has to be wiped clean with damp soapy cloth to remove all traces of dirt. Firstly, this is a highly hazardous habit and second some of the guests become over-conscious about the quality of maintenance of their own home prior to my visit there. Once I went to see a friend of mine; me, my friend and her husband were chatting when unintentionally her husband informed me that whenever I visit them a deadly operation cleanup takes place by none other then his lovely wife and my dear friend. Shocked as I was on hearing this and it felt as if I had been hit by a brick on my head but my Mom and family was not surprised on this exposé. After these revelations I decided to take the bull by the horns. I realized that whatever I do to present a picture perfect clean house gives so much stress to my guests and frankly to me as well. So now I try my best to keep things realistic and practical even if that means ignoring few details and leaving some things imperfect, to be honest I do feel much relaxed, awkward but relaxed. Albeit it was something hard to control nevertheless I have with perseverance and practice on day to day basis succeeded fairly.  

Finally we also get to hear some good news although nothing at personal level but the wedding-to-be of Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza is like a breath of fresh air in the times of bombardment of corruption and terrorism headlines. Besides celebrity weddings have a charm of their own, everyone wants to know all the details and there is some peculiar fascination with this kind of news. Whatsoever it may be we pray that the couple shall live happily ever after.

So shall be a happily living ever-after for all of us, Amen!!

Sonya. (Day 54)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019