Day 230


There are moments in one’s life where the boundaries of hope and faith are pushed beyond its regular limit. In pleasant times when all is going fine no one bothers to understand the true concepts of hope it is in those not-so-good-times when the real test is taken. Sometimes things happen around you but irrespective of who is getting tested you are bound to get affected as well. This time a dear friend is put to such a test and I sincerely pray that she comes out of all the challenges in her life with all the peace and health.

I apologize for I might not be in the best of my spirits, I am anxious and concerned.

Yet I don’t want any of you to get affected so I shall move on to the weather which has affected me a great deal, including a mild flu. In the afternoon it felt as I am going to melt due to the heat, although everyone around is not complaining like me. I tried to switch on the AC but then immediately my sore throat began to sore bit more than the usual. Having no option left I resorted to old age formula of my late grandmother of Rooh-afza. For the local people it is a known beverage but for those of you who are unaware, Rooh-afza is red squashed drink taken in cold water.

However, after drinking this highly sweetened beverage I apprehend the weight gain so from tomorrow I shall be resorting to Sattu. The ingredients of Sattu are unknown to me but it is widely accepted as a soothing drink in hot weather. Tomorrow I shall be drinking Sattu for the first time and lets see how it would turn out to be.

I take your leave now for something is amiss today; I guess if I would be saying anything further it shall seem like dragging the post.

Much love as ever…

Sonya. (Day 230)

P.S. for those of you who are or would be traveling abroad soon be safe and have a happy journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019