Rickshaw adventure

What a travelling day I had, I ventured from one end of the city into another and by now I feel as if my arms and feet are numb just by sitting in the car. Later in evening we had to go Saddar, downtown area a business hub in Karachi, for some work. Due to evening hours roads were jam packed with cars but we had to get at our destination quickly so instant decision was made to leave the car and opt for a three wheeler we karachites call Rickshaw. 
 
I so much wanted to travel in the new CNG versions. The earlier models of rickshaws some of which are still visible could easily dislocate our internal organs. Whenever I used to go in them my liver probably changed places with my kidneys and stomach was placed near lungs. Then who can forget those infamous head bumps on every speed breaker.

So I did my work by getting there just in time and returning within an hour. On the other hand if we have used car it would have taken us more than 3 hours.

I must say that the latest CNG versions are a class in their own with comfortable seats, spacious interior but of course they lack the exquisite interiors of the earlier rickshaw versions. Earlier models had versatile handicrafts, shining seats with psychedelic surround sound system and lighting.

These three wheelers are the best mode of transport when someone wants to do sightseeing or even better to enjoy a rainy day. Many years ago in heavy rains my younger cousins and I were desperate to eat a take away biryani, since they were not delivering during rain and nobody in the house allowed us to go in car so we decided to use the famous three-wheeler and oh boy what fun we had. There wasn’t any worry of any traffic jam or our car breaking down in the middle of the road.

I have started to read Urdu suspense novel by the classic writer Ibn-e-Safee. I first read one of his Imran series couple of years ago and become his fan. Now after a long gap I bought his “Fareedi” series. It is however taking me 15 days to complete one chapter because the only time I have available is before bedtime and that too last for 15 minutes only. I am reading Urdu novels for the first time, earlier I read Shafiq-ur-Rehman’s “Himmaqateen” and it was a marvel.

Suspense novels by Agatha Christie are my all time favorites though. I wanted to read some Urdu literature because I am loosing my fluency in Urdu. Nevertheless, poetry is one genre whether in English or Urdu that I have tough time both reading or understanding. In my college exams Urdu poetry was a living nightmare, but literature was effortless. My problem was that if I learn the first verse of Mirza Ghalib I would mix it with the second verse of Mir Taqi Mir. So I decided once and for all, irrespective of the consequences, I shall only learn the first verse of every poet and the second one shall be mine.

I mixed my poetry with Mirza Ghalib’s yet with some miracle it actually worked, and I also believe that due to my Grandmother’s prayers I not only passed but had good grades in Urdu poetry exams.

Story of my life hun…

Post completed before 9 pm another miracle.

Love and more..

Sonya. (Day 229)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019