Lost Child

Eid brings along memories, memories of childhood and how everything was exciting and adventurous in those days. How beautiful it was to collect Eidi from elders and then spending most of it on buying cold-drinks and eating junk foods.

Meeting up with all the cousins and neighborhood friends was the highlight of the day. Nothing mattered more than how my dress glittered; how my henna blossomed and how my matching shoes, bangles and jewellery looked.  Those were the days when exchanging Eid cards with friends were the most important thing in life.

What happened to me, where have I lost that little girl? Where have all that excitement and joy vanished? Is this the price we pay for becoming adults, to miss out the wonders of joy which on appearance look little yet they have infinite value…

We grow up and in our rushing around we forget the essence of life. What is this with becoming adults, do we start to play a role. A role, which we didn’t write for ourselves rather we copied from our adults. We unknowingly follow models of all the elders around us without even thinking whether it suits our character or not.

I guess I really need to find that child in me whom I lost years ago. If we wait for big happy events they would be few in number and we would be wasting our lives. However, if we look closely we are ought to find little innumerable miracles that unfold around us all the time.

I have decided to go on a journey not of the world outside rather of the world inside.

Have a great day!!

Sonya. (Day 344)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019