Education


All my students are quite content with me today for I have given each one of them either an A+ or an A on their assignments. More than their happiness, I am glad that they are getting my point.

Sometimes while I am teaching I have this outer body experience where I feel as if I  am watching myself from a distance, as a person addressing different mix of audience with all the clarity of ideas and expression.   

I have come a long way from a being person who had an intense fear of public speaking to who I am today. Throughout my school life, my teachers had only one remark for me ‘lack of confidence’ in all my report cards.

And then came my BBA where for the first time I had to do presentations in front of my class of 25 pupils. My knees used to shiver from fear, I had severe cold sweat attacks whenever my teachers asked me to speak. 

At times couple of my teachers as soon as they entered the class would announce that 'today we are going to make presentations'. Guess who is their first prey ‘yours truly’.

It used to be a terrible time for me, I felt scared and my voice used to get so low that I was inaudible to anyone standing beside me. However, I carried on and I must say that all my classmates always supported me.

They all used to protect me and actually tried to listen and understand my presentations. After our class they would all tell me where I had gone wrong and what were my plus points.

If it was not for all of their encouragement I could have never make it. So thank you all, for what you have done for me, its very special.

I used to believe that my teachers had some kind of hidden agenda to embarrass me but little then I knew that they were in reality helping me. At my first court hearing, although frightened from inside, I actually spoke out aloud so much so that I was able to convince the Judges. 

If it wasn’t for my teachers and their constant putting me into the spotlight, I would have never been able to face court and build up my true confidence.

Really, true teachers always have best interest of their students at heart. Today, it is such a relief for me that I am be able to properly convey my ideas to my audience. 

Education is a blessing, while we are students we don’t exactly understand the extent of this blessing. However, once you get into your professional/ adult then only you realize that education is really the answer to all our prayers. 

You have education, you have freedom. It is such a gift that my parents and family understood the importance of education and they provided the best possible opportunities for me to learn. And above all, to have the resources that have made it easy for me to acquire quality education.

Have a great weekend!

Adios Amigos!

Sonya Syed. (Day 410)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019