Aangan Terrha


 

Enchanted, mesmerized, charmed by the brilliant performances by all the gifted artists who performed in the theatre version of the classic Anwar Maqsood drama ‘Aangan Terrha’.

Bushra Ansari & Saleem Nasir
After waiting for months we finally got the opportunity to witness such exceptional performances. The director and every actor was so wonderful and honest to their characters that nobody desired to compare them with greats like Late Saleem Nasir, Bushra Ansari, Shakeel, Arshad Mehmood who initially acted in the original play. 

All the new actors stamped their respective characters with new seals.

I was a bit sceptic about the remake and also trying new cast but Anwar Maqsood Shb wrote exceptionally the stage version, intricately merging the earlier version with new one and also adding spice to the new script. 

Punch lines, mannerisms & timing was all perfect and every one was in complete synchronicity.

However, the one person we all missed dearly was Late Saleem Nasir who gave his soul to the character of Akbar. His other performances especially the role of ‘Mamoo’ in another classic play ‘Unkahi’ was par beyond. The character of Akbar was the lead in this play, and I must say that the actor Yasir Hussain fulfilled this enormous responsibility brilliantly.

Akbar, Amma & Sultana

Jehan Ara was played by Hareem Farooq, a very thin lady who performed exceptionally on stage for straight 90 minutes. I could see all her neck muscles swelled up throughout the play for speaking so forcefully on stage.  

I have seen many great theatres plays but this one tops the list. I took with me my younger cousin for whom this was the first experience of watching a theatre play and all he said thereafter, ‘I wish I can see this play every day of my life’.

That reminds me of famous Indian Actor and Writer Qader Khan who once said in an interview, ‘I love Aangan Terrha so much that if I do not watch its video every night I cannot sleep’.

If you haven’t watched it then I would suggest that it is a must see, the show is going to end in the next 3 days, could you believe it has run for 96 days in Karachi without any gap. Go with your family, friends or even better take your parents they would enjoy the whole experience. By the way, tickets are available at Butler’s cafe Zamzama and also from the counter of Karachi Arts Council.

A very Good Evening!


Sonya Syed. (Day 417)



Entire Cast with the Director Daawar Mehmood in front

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019