Birthdays, Chocolates & Cakes


Its been years since we last got together, although I sheepishly believed it has been not more than ten or eleven months.  My friend and I go together on her birthday and we had a blast. 

5th April was a day when all my long-term wishes were fulfilled, the wish list not only included meeting with my friend but also her entire family; then to have some coffee at a very chilled place and of course to do much awaited shopping.

We are friends since we were in class 6 and its not only her that I am close to, rather it is her entire family- her parents, her siblings and their in-laws, uncles, aunts, cousins and even distant relations with whom I share a beautiful relationship.

I do not believe in having friendships with one person but I need to be close to every family member. In the past, when for some reason I was unable to get close with the entire family, my friendship became limited to mere social contact.

Anyways back to our special day when I ate like a maniac, it was haleem after biryani, then chocolate double fudge cake, chocolates, coffee and some cheese appetizers, then there was large bowl of ice-cream and again biryani. And now I am left with stress of burning those thousands of calories I happily acquired from the sweets in just one day.

I might surprise you that in my life I have never tried any kind of methai (eastern sweets), so for me its occasional chocolate cakes and ice cream which satisfy my sweet cravings.

To end the day with on a great note we went shopping. I was sure as a stone but my friend wasn’t; however, when we went to my desired store things changed. She gave into temptation of having some new clothes.  Most of the time I am sure of what I want but then you go to some stores and they make you really crazy. Both of us experienced that craziness and ended up getting some decent clothes.

Nevertheless, the sales-personnel who attended both of us must be having nightmares. They handled two terribly confused customers- we decide to buy one thing, then get excited to see something else wants to buy it and get into discussions. We repeated this drill for almost an hour and when we finally decided, both the managers hurriedly packed our suits gave us the bills and while we were reaching the counter to pay our bills, they started to thank us as if they were begging us to leave.  

On this note, I shall also take your leave now.

Have a great Sunday!

Sonya Syed. (Day 416)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019