Day 13/14


At 10.45 pm I suddenly decided to fry mong pakoras/ mangochian (grinded moong daal/ pulse mixed with spices) and then deep fried, one of the many delights of life. This frying project was pending for three days when Amma prepared the batter enough to last for a week. It is not always feasible for us to cook daily due to our schedules so we cook and store the food for at least 1 week, of course the taste has never been compromised. The skillful duty to deep fry usually falls on my weak shoulders, since using so much oil to cook is not something Amma is comfortable with. It is a joy to have these appetizers with daal chawal, my staple diet. Although chicken biryani tops the list of my favorite foods. Anyways, at 11 in the night such mammoth task appeared rather impossible; usually it takes 2 days to fry the entire batter. So this time I applied my tested formula of Surrendering my task to God and simply requesting Him to make the food delicious and easy for me. And Voilà! Handsome pakoras, ease and swiftness were the results of asking the Greatest Power of all to help me; everything just flowed perfectly. This is not the first time I did this but it has become my standard practice to really and absolutely hand over even the smallest of my tasks to God. I am done with carrying on everything in my life all by myself.

Sometimes we waste so much of our energy in worrying over things that ultimately turn out to be not so worrisome.

With much love, a very Good Night.....
 
Sonya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019