Colors

Colors and more colors I’m seeing everywhere since yesterday’s evening. Finally the bride has ventured into her new life may it be filled with million joys & lots of marital bless.

So we are done with the wedding ceremony of Sadia’ s sister and what can I say it was again a great event, the bride & groom looked just perfect and the family joyous. There were colors all around and especially with me. If I have to review my dressing it was nothing less of a tutti frutti. I also happened to meet Sadia’s school buddy and what a coincidence it was, that both of us were wearing Saris. We have actually met for the first time in more than a decade of my friendship with Sadia. It was wonderful to witness the rapport and intimacy they shared, there was so much easy in their relationship something which we have with our childhood friends. Like a relationship I share with Maria who is my childhood pal, we practically grew up together, went through our teenage and finally we all grew up to be matured adults, well at least to some extent.

I also happen to meet a female actor in the lobby but unfortunately, I could not remember her name due to my inherent ability to only remember faces and hardly any name. Anyways, she does more of theaters and not so much of TV but when I met her thankfully I was able to recall her theater play “Wakeel Sahab”. I merely recognized her, appreciated her work and she was so happy and grateful for my recognition. She told me that it “made her day” and it was the perfect ending to a very bad day.

I have seen this quite a few times that as soon as we see an actor or a famous personality we become thrifty in our appreciation of them. We also make sure not to show that person any sign of our recognition of him/her because we don’t want to them to feel all high and mighty. Artists, whether a superstar or an actor or belonging to any field of creativity thrives on our recognition and appreciation of their talent; and we take away from them the most important thing to their survival. Possibly this holding back of our love gives us some kind of bizarre power over others, as subconsciously we are aware of the true significance of our words.

Appreciation is one of those things that doesn’t cost us a penny and the more we give it to others, multiplied it returns to us.

Of course, I am in no position to force my ideals on anybody; nevertheless, I believe that Appreciation is a precious gift which one human can give to another human.

So I thank all of you for being there with me and giving me your love…

In my love you all shall remain….

Sonya. (Day 175)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019