Fascinations

These social sites are such a blessing to one’s life, an email address few odd characters in the password box, a click to the “Enter” and an entire world opens up right before your eyes. Loved ones, friends, colleagues informal with their families, come farther closer and you can take a peak into everybody’s and they in yours. And all I can say that we are truly fortunate to be present in an era when our lives have become comfortably resourceful. There was a time not too long ago when we used to wake up in the middle of the night to receive calls from the relatives living abroad, since the lines were not perfect so everyone would speak loudly and at times habitually rather than as a requirement. I could never understand why everyone called in the midst of night when there could have been a time setting in the late morning hours or after 11 at night.

Nevertheless, now with such advance portals available there is simply no excuse for missing someone’s birthday or other significant occasions.
 
Sleep problem seems to be settled to some extent now, although it must be disciplined. Before I forge,t thank you very much Sana Saleem Omer for regularly liking my ramblings…my love to you and your family as always- God Bless you all.
 
A mehndi or a henna ceremony is coming up tomorrow and I am overwhelmed mainly due to my out-of-blue fascination with wearing make up. I cannot say what has come on to me lately or possibly I am being possessed by a spirit of some beautician; whatever it is I am still unable to find proper explanation for it.
 
My family and I think my friend, whose sister’s mayeon I attended last, is equally bewildered, by my new attitude. This doesn’t stop here because all of them also have to appreciate my make up and looks, my family does this as they all are genetically programmed to encourage and support me and my friends does so as they are morally bound due to their love for me. A win-win situation for me, right! There have been moments recently when observing my make up enthusiasm my mother and younger cousins says nothing but I can read their eyes saying, “My poor girl, she has lost it completely.”
 
Even in my lost mind, I remember to love you all…
 
A very Good Evening!
 
Sonya. (Day 174)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019