Teaching & Acting



Had an intense day thankfully not on the emotional side but more on the physical and mental level. Its my third day of teaching my younger cousin how to drive and I must say that it’s a challenge. I am not really into teaching but it was the pressing need of the hour so here I am.

It went fine while we were on the plain grounds but now we are coming on side roads and more than him I am scared. I have been a very cautious person throughout my life and now my comfort zones are being tested. Well over all we are quite content with the progress we are making but honestly I have a huge responsibility on my shoulders of not only keeping us safe but also to teach him the best way onto roads. So prayers are needed to help both of us go through this time easily.

It was the day before yesterday I think, when I was beyond my bedtime and started to listen to the radio. Although the radio usually have songs and more songs but this time they were giving a program on our veteran actor Muhammad Ali.  It was a treat to listen in such depths about the real and reel screen life of Mr. Ali also known as The Emperor of Emotions, he starred in over 250 movies and was included among 25 greatest actors of Asia (all time) by CNN survey (On 4 March 2010). *


Mr. Ali though offered to play the lead role but decided to be introduced in villainous role in his debut film “Chiragh jalta raha”. However his mesmeric personality and enthralling vocals cleared his path to become the greatest icon of Pakistan’s film industry. He got married to Zeba, a personal favorite of mine and a lady of unmatched beauty.
While I was doing some research I came to know that Muhammad Ali’s father Maulana Syed Murshid Ali was a prominent Islamic Scholar. His grand parents belonged to the lineage of Hazrat Majaddad Alif Sani who was the prominent Sufi/ Islamic Scholar in the times of Emperor Akbar. Hazrat Majaddad Alif Sani’s greatest contribution was countering unorthodox Sufism and mystic beliefs as well as writing many books, including his famous works, Isbat-ul-Nabat and Risal-i-Nabuwat. His greatest work on Islamic philosophy was the Tauheed-i-Shuhudi.*
Muhammad Ali & Zeba
And now I have to take your leave to return to watch my favorite TV serial.

Good Evening & lots of best wishes..

Sonya. (Day 281)

* Courtesy: Wikipedia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019