Day 374



Somebody yesterday told me that if I hadn’t put my picture on the blog profile then I could’ve been easily mistaken for a writer who is in her seventies or eighties. That the way I express myself or address my readers it feels like I am their grandmother.

I don’t know whether this was a compliment or a comment; in any case I shall take it as a compliment. After all its someone’s opinion and I respect their point of view.

It seems as if there is curfew in most parts of the city, there is hardly any traffic on the roads and even if there is some movement it feels lifeless. We are not used to seeing Karachi in such a state, it’s a hustling bustling city of lights and I pray with all my heart that it shall always remain in its full glory.

Winters are knocking on the doors but somehow haven’t fully made it into the house. There is something magical about winters in Karachi in particular if there are rains. The mystical effect that cool winter breeze give after rainfall especially after dusk time is something that cannot be expressed in words rather it is to be felt in the soul.

May we all see many of such magical winters…

A very Good Evening!

Sonya Syed. (Day 374)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019