Ballerina

What to expect from an unexpected holiday? Despite crucial security situation things have to be managed and obligations are to be fulfilled.

Even with all the positive attitude it becomes difficult to witness the bruises and pains caused due to the unfortunate incidents within city as well as in the entire country.  

One could not but feel helpless in such times and you wish to have a magic wand. Like it happens in fairy tales when somebody is down with life and have nowhere to go then all of sudden a fairy appears and with one movement of her magic wand she changes everything.

In real life although we do not have fairies but we have our prayers, our gratitude and faith in the miracles. We might be helpless on the physical level, nevertheless, on the spiritual level we are not that helpless. We have the power of our mind, our thoughts and feelings. With all the darkness we need to believe in light, the light that will not come from outside but the light which we have inside us.

I once heard a lady on TV who survived the Holocaust; though I am unable to recall her name but here is what she said in that interview, ‘when I was a little girl they killed my family, imprisoned me and everyday when I woke up and washed my face I didn’t know whether water is going to come out of the taps or they would release acid.

When they made me dance in front of the Nazi soldiers, in my mind, I disconnected myself from the brutal humiliation and thought as if I am a Ballerina who is performing at an exquisite theatre with my fans all around.


They took my body but they couldn’t take my soul or my mind and with the power of my mind and faith I not only survived the holocaust but lived a blessed life filled with smiles and laughter of my children and grandchildren.

My survival and beautiful life was My revenge.’

Good Evening!

Sonya Syed. (Day 375)         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019