A Tribute


Sikandar Sanam- an actor, singer and a versatile comedian left us on 5th November 2012. Today when somebody mentioned his name and how much he was missed by his fans, I worried that I have been late in paying my respects.
   
Yes I needed to acknowledge him because he made me laugh. Very few people are gifted to spread joy and happiness to the world and the people who give smiles to our faces are great blessings.

Sikandar’s name is not new to the world of comedy and especially his comedy remakes of famous Indian movies are marvelous. Sikandar released these parodies in the DVD versions. Tere Naam 2 which is the parody of Salman Khan’s Tere Naam, was the first movie I saw of Sikandar Sanam and I laughed my lungs out. Even today when I am depressed or down I watch this movie and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Original Tere Naam was a pretty serious love story but Sikandar changed it to a total  comedy. Sikandar’s comic version attained huge popularity in India, in fact his parody got so much attention that Salman Khan and some other Bollywood people issued statements that this comedy has destroyed the image of their super hit movie.

This agitation by Bollywood people even reached Indian Parliament which requested Pakistan’s Embassy to ban Tere Naam 2.   

Similarly Ghajini 2 was another great comedy. I have to say that after watching his version Amir Khan’s original Ghajini looked like a copy of Sikandar’s Ghajini.

The craze for these remakes increased so much over time that the cable operators played them on public demand, and later on, a number of mainstream entertainment channels also aired them.

It is really sad that we fail to acknowledge people and their work while they are alive and we only rush to pay our tributes when they are no longer with us.

It teaches me one thing that we should always appreciate people immediately, acknowledge their efforts and tell them what they mean to us. Don’t delay or hesitate to give your appreciation, your love, because you never know…..

Many affections.

Sonya Syed. (Day 369)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019