Mistakes and learning



Mistakes could be a powerful tool of transformation and change if you really want to become a better version of yourself. There is no point in making a mistake if you are unable to learn from it.  I am learning and definitely want to do better this time.

About a month ago, I have met some ladies who jolted my sense of self. My confidence, my belief, even my self image was shaken, in other words my ego was bruised. I was filled with anger and wanted to react in the same manner or even worse.

Yet I controlled my impulse to react and the first and most important thing which I did immediately after those interactions, was to be continuously grateful for their happening. Although initially I didn’t knew what could be the magnificent outcome of such stupid incidents but still I continued with my practice.

Then I saw these lines and everything changed, ‘In every interaction which we have in this world we are either learning something or teaching something or something is being taught through us.’

These words belong to the inspirational author Dr. Iyanla Vanzant, and if you pay close attention to them you would realize that this is so true. Every incident that we have, teaches us something about our self that we never knew before.

Although my conversation with those ladies jerked my peaceful zone but gradually, I realized that whatever they said is only to make me the best. Sometimes God teaches us lessons and correct our mistakes indirectly, and He uses people and situations around us to His convey messages.

We all have our highly individualized curriculum of life and we only follow our particular syllabus that has been Divinely made for us. And if this is true, then it means, we meet people only to learn and grow.  

I have corrected what I was pointed out by those ladies and honestly the results are fabulous. 

I am not sure whether they really had my well being in their view or they simply were biased and behaved obnoxiously.

Nevertheless, what I am 100% sure of is that if we pray and give sincere gratitude for all the good and bad things and people, then our lives become magical. What was good will become best and what was bad transforms into miraculous.  

Love, Peace & Joy to all of you :)

Sonya Syed. (Day 462)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019