The Universe & I…



When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it… Paulo Coehlo (The Alchemist).



It was few years when one day I was aimlessly watching TV, jumping from one channel to another in the fruitless effort to find something sensible. During this search I saw an interview of a beautiful lady on the National Geographic channel. She was probably a zoologist, while talking to the camera her eyes were glistening with tears. I was unable to move further and felt compelled to hear her, she said as I recall:

‘It was almost 6 or 7 times when I applied to study for PhD at one of the colleges at Oxford University. Every time they (Oxford University) rejected my application by giving frivolous reasons, but I know that they only rejected me because I was an Indian. They were biased against me. 

Yet I am not broken and I have promised to myself that even if I didn’t get the admission, I will continue to work with the best of my abilities; because I know that I’m talented and can give so much to my country - PhD or no PhD from Oxford’.

Then suddenly a foreigner lady was shown on the screen and what she told then, still gives me goose bumps. She said: ‘I was visiting India for my research and one day during my visit to this wildlife garden I met a wonderful young Indian girl. I asked her, you are so good at your work, are you doing PhD or have already done it?’

To this, the Indian girl replied: “I tried to get admission in Oxford but they always reject my application”.

Foreigner: “Really? Which college at Oxford are you applying in?”

Indian Girl: “….College at Oxford’. 

Foreigner: ‘Are you sure? Because I am the Dean of the college you are applying at Oxford, and by the powers vested in me as the Dean of Oxford University I hereby give you admission in PhD right here, right now. And also authorize full-time scholarship for your PhD.

                  ................The Oxford University welcomes you Mahalaxmi!”    

I am unable to recall the college name in Oxford but I can recall how awestruck I felt in that moment by coming face to face with the Reality, that there is GOD…..

Lots of prayers…

Sonya Syed. (Day 525)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019