Day 26


Frequent pauses in writing are developing into a standard practice for me and I seriously need to follow the disciplined structure. Friends are an integral part of our existence and in particular our childhood friends, we may loose touch for a long time but as soon as we do get connected we start exactly from we left. Much of the like happened to me and I cannot but appreciate the role these social websites play to reconnect and rebond. The other day I was fortunate to be able to speak with my Class 8th classmate Mustafa Allahwala it was after more than a decade that one fine day we suddenly came into contact. It was a delightful conversation and we remembered our school days, our teachers, post school life, our transmutation into maturity, how some significant pillars in our lives moved into other dimensions and the brilliance with how extraordinarily and beautifully life passed by. Maria, Muneeza, Faris, Saleem, Mustafa, Imran, Shahzeb, Miss Fouzia our favorite English teacher are amongst the significant people from my childhood.


I stand amid the roar

Of a surf-tormented shore

And I hold within my hand

Grains of the golden sand-

How few! yet how they creep

Through my fingers to the deep,

While I weep- while I weep!

O God! can I not grasp

Them with a tighter clasp?

O God! can I not save

One from the pitiless wave?

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream? *


Back to the present, Eckhart Tolle’s Now. Life is going much like the way it is supposed to go. As for the future I try not to think about it, if the thought is good & exciting it blesses us with joy but the unknown enshrouds anxiety as well.  Thus the refuge of Now, the Present Moment shall take precedence over the rest.

Love & blessings for Now, Then & Forever.

Sonya.

* Poetry by Edgar Allan Poe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019