Back to Basics

Karachi’s heat has now transmuted itself into muddy winds, no matter how hard we clean the dust still dwells in every possible corner.

Life was so simple before blackberrys’, net, social sites came into our lives. Since their arrival we have conveniently replaced them with the full use of our mental faculties. Nobody has to remember important dates anymore every appointment or schedule is now on our cellular and we highly prefer to save contacts on websites. We have become so dependent on them that even a feeble thought of loosing them fills us up with panic and anxiety.

Regardless of the gizmos that I might get in future I have decided to go back to the basics and so a proper old fashioned diary with contacts therein shall become my girlfriend from now on. No more sole relying on things that I cannot control.

Twitter is addictive although I’m not entirely aware of its etiquettes but I enjoy twitting. Its short it’s simple and very quick. Almost entire day is gone in finding emails of family & friends and trying to reconnect with all of them since due to the ban on facebook life has taken an unexpected turn. Fear of loosing some of the very significant contacts made me quite anxious and so I got onto it and traced most of them; and now I hope we all get together again on twitter. Almost 3 weeks ago I had a strong feeling to invite everyone I know on twitter and get their emails & contacts but only due to my laziness I delayed it. Honestly we could end up in trouble if we ignore our gut feelings, that calm, subtle yet firm voice somewhere in our heart.

With much love……

Sonya. (Day 72)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019