Blog Archive

Show more

Monday Sickness & Work Life

Before saying anything else I shall first thank all of you from the depths of my heart for showing me your immense love towards our blog. All I can say is that I am humbled but at the same time I also feel more responsible for what I shall write.

The sleep once again dominates the mind but there is also a desire to talk and until that is done it shall keep me restless. I thought that today I shall be in a better form yet the body is still exhausted from the works of yesterday and some of its continuation today.

Fridays are great, Saturdays are exceptional but Sundays they depress me or drains me of all the energy. It could be due to the Monday which shall soon barge in and signals to us another week of work and interaction with an outside world. If I ever to get in power I am going to make Monday an optional holiday without any pay cuts. For me this week is going to bring with itself several prospects of work but how much fruitful they are it is yet to be seen.

There was a time when I urged every girl I met to become a lawyer and now with my tough experiences, highs & lows, thick & thin in the field this is one suggestion I consciously avoid giving. Its beyond any doubt that the main fields of life are male dominated and to survive in that atmosphere and at the same time learn, grow and maintain your dignity are one the most hardest things to go through. By no means I am saying that all men are dreadful but it’s also true that its difficult for a woman to keep her existence. Fortunately most of the people I worked with provided me the space to learn and to grow and gave me their utmost respect nevertheless not everyone is that lucky.

Feminists might label this as blasphemous yet after understanding few realities of life I suggest girls to not work until either they have financial requirements to meet or they are crazy passionate for their work and our strong as persons; anything in between that is a big no-no.

However, one must strive to get educated because it is a beautiful power, it gives you wisdom and understanding so acquire the jewels of knowledge from wherever you could.

And now I really need to get some sleep or else….

Love,

Sonya. (Day 91)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019