True riches

Is it only with me or the rest of you could also sense the ephemerality of days. It was Monday only yesterday and then there is another one and Fridays arriving within two days. Beside an hour which I dedicatedly spend on watching my favourite TV shows most of the day I keep on running from one point to another.
 
However, these days I have the contentment that the time I spend is worth every moment where I am either learning something new or being effective and worthwhile for others. Being of any service to others is such a phenomenal experience and the fact that there is no monetary gain involved does not effect the quality of the work. I for one has worked relentlessly for many years as a lawyer, had power, worked with some of the Bigs of legal as well as the business world and earned few bucks as well but honestly none of those above things gave me any peace. I use to be exhausted, bitter, short-tempered and always on guard with most of the people I met.
 
And now when there is absolutely no power game, no ambitious legal practice, yet I feel like a billionaire and I can’t say if Bill Gates share's the same sentiments about being rich; besides all this there is this constant and subtle sense of peace, joy and security. I am not saying that money is evil but all what I mean is these things could only provide us brief glimpses of happiness and if we want true joy then we need to look for it deep within ourselves. The key is to become joyous, peaceful and extremely grateful in our current circumstances. Money, house, car, etc would always follow as the natural outcome of our authentic joy and peace and it is never the other way around.

I seriously need to settle my sleep pattern so I would take your leave now.
 
My love and gratitude to all.
 
Sonya. (Day 130)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019