Day 398



Its one am at night or shall we say in the morning and I am having Gol Gappe (Pani Puri) with my younger brother. I know this sounds crazy but sometimes the only sane thing to do is to get a bit crazy.

There is a lot of pending work which I need to complete as soon as possible or else I might get into trouble. You see I am amongst those students who would spend their entire vacations playing and having fun and only two days before school they would suddenly wake up and do their homework.

Last week has been quite phenomenal for me, I got to meet so many people whom I haven’t met in years and it feels like a miracle. Plus, I am back into teaching and had the wonderful opportunity to teach at the university where I myself have studied for my business degree.  It was so amazing to meet some of my Professors and the most amazing part is that they remembered and even recognized me amongst hundreds of students. 

The energy of education and students could have such a calming effect on me I only realized after I experienced it. I have never thought to teach even in my wildest dreams but here I am doing it, and I am grateful in my very core for this magnificent opportunity. 

For the last couple of years I am doing things that I never knew to have existed. I am writing this blog for the four years now, I am painting, learning alternative medicine, and now teaching - I am someone who never thought to have any capability to write anything except legal opinions and business letters. Similarly for painting I could hardly draw a straight line let alone do paintings. 

What is all this I ask myself in sheer amazement?  How a person can change so dramatically?  It feels as if a new soul has entered in my old being and this new soul has its own agenda. So I am just flowing with the flow of life and to be honest I have never felt so much better, so much at peace.

There are many times when your dreams shatter right in front of your eyes but if you hold on and keep your faith, then only you would realize that your dreams were nothing more than your own very limited idea of who you are and who you can be. 

If you keep the faith in the unseen power of God then only you would understand that in order for a new marvelous structure to be built we need to break down the old decayed building. Hence a new space needs to be created within us.

And your priority changes from getting more money, name, fame and appreciation to be only at peace.  

May the joy and peace be with all of you!

Sonya Syed. (Day 398)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019