Day 401


Yesterday seemed to be the longest and toughest day of my life when I had to drive for straight one and half hour when the actual distance was hardly 25 minutes. One of the commercial areas of Karachi was jam-packed with traffic, nobody knew what happened or what is going to become of us. 

I thought that probably it would take me an entire day to reach my destination and return home. However, miracle happened and I not only found my way but also reached for my appointment just in the right time.

                These days I am living quite an energetic life with so much to do that I find 24 hours not enough for my activities. Physical tiredness could be handled easily by the right amount of rest; whereas the mental fatigue caused by disappointments or exaggerated expectations needs other creative outlets. 

                Sometimes we need to learn our lessons the hard way, sometimes we need to wake up from our fantasies and face the crude realities. Whatever happens I have decided never to pollute myself from harmful thoughts, because in the end the person who gets affected the most is only you. 

Well we need to understand that sometimes things just don’t go our way and the best way to deal with them is simply to accept everything without any resistance. 

You see, its like when you are driving late at night and suddenly the car tyre is punctured. You are standing alone in the middle of nowhere, there is no mechanic or other car in sight and you don’t even know how to change the tyre. What are you going to do then? 

There is no point in getting angry or cursing your car. What you do is simply accept that tyre is punctured and there is nothing you can do about it. Once you fully accept the situation without any anger or fear; surrender it to the Higher Power; and then a solution shall present itself.

May be another car will come by or you would find a way, but in the peaceful acceptance of the situation- solutions shall appear. I too shall hope, that I may be able to peacefully accept whatever life presents to me. Amen!

Sonya Syed. (Day 401)
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019