Experiment with Gratitude



Its almost 12:00 am and way beyond my sleep time but when you decide to do something then you do it. For past few months I am having regular headaches in the evening, I believe that my cervical or sinus could be the obvious reasons.

Since I have started to paint I have developed some sort of allergy with paints and I am unable to use my sense of smell properly. So today I thought I should take some steam and green tea. However, I was in no mood of having something as flat as green tea so I got an idea of adding a bit of coffee with tea and honey. 

If at any point in your life you decide to take green tea with coffee, then my only advice to you is to be brave because you would taste the strangest of beverage. Nevertheless, it comforted my sinus and satisfied the need to have a different taste.

There are moments in life when nothing seems to work and you become shaky in your prayers and faith but this is the time when we need to really go with the flow of life. It is in these times when you need to surrender yourself completely to God and offer no resistance.

I have learned that the best way to surrender and accept our life situations or people in it, is by being grateful. Yes, this is the time when we need to say Thank You God more than ever. If you cannot find anything to be happy for in the present moment, then you need to take out everything from your past when you were happy and say thank you with all your heart. You have to dig deep for every little blessing so you could keep on thanking.

And then one fine day when you are moving along your day beautiful surprises began to emerge. 

If someone asked me few months ago whether I am a grateful person, I would have said ‘Yes, I say thank you when anybody does me a favour’. However being truly grateful is much more beyond saying ‘thank you’ twice or thrice a day.

Gratitude is so powerful that it changes your life especially your state of mind dramatically. I think gratitude is the cure of all illnesses, poverty and unloving situations.

Before I read the book ‘The Magic’, I was living in a state of darkness. However, since I read and fully absorbed this book my darkness has transformed into light.

I am trying my best to practice gratitude in every moment of every day. You might not get billion dollars in your bank account; however, you become intensely aware and grateful of whatever you have. Its like waking up from deep sleep.  

With the power of gratitude you become excited to have hundred rupees in your wallet; you become aware that it is such an enormous blessing to have food available when you feel hungry. Think of the time when you felt hungry, the brain slows and your movements become sluggish.

It is so ironic that we waste our entire lives waiting for four or five great occasions to be happy for, while ignoring those millions of blessings which we experience daily in every moment.

May the joy of gratitude be with all of us. Amen!

Sonya. (Day 396)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019