Dad, May & Birthdays



May is a very special month for me for I have been blessed with many beautiful gifts in this month. Some of the wonderful people I know are born in this month, especially 1st of May which is the birth date of my late father. 

Gosh it’s been almost four years since he left us, although life happens to move on and time is a wonderful healer yet somewhere within there is a void, a blank space which shall never be filled.

And that space is beautiful because we get to fill it with love and gratitude for the great times we have spent together. Some friends very rightly say that I am a spoiled child, that my parents and family have completely spoilt me and to be honest most of its credit goes to my father.

Like many children, I was afraid of doctors and injections and when I had to go for my vaccination or blood tests my Dad used to console me by pampering me with many gifts. And then I would happily go for any of the tests because I knew that afterwards I will get what ever I shall ask for.

During our shopping time as soon as I would leave the house I used to get immensely thirsty and seeing me like this my father always got panicky, the only thing he wanted was to get his daughter a cold drink or an ice cream.

Honestly I was never thirsty but I liked my Dad getting anxious for me, whereas my Mom always knew that it was my best trick and I pulled it perfectly with Dad.

My Dad, like many other fathers treated me as a Queen who shall get whatever she wishes for and whenever she wishes. All I did was to put my finger on any clothes, bag or anything that I want and within minutes he would buy it for me. I never heard him saying ‘no’ to me for anything.

In his final years our relationship transformed from father-daughter to friends and confidant, he used to consult me and actually used to take my advice on several matters. During those years he truly treated me like an adult.
When I work professionally and give my advice, people listen to what I have to say and give importance to my words. Nevertheless, when your parent comes to you with an issue, consults you and then also follow your advice- this I believe is the real achievement.

I am truly Grateful to God for giving me those precious moments and I hope that whatever I have done in my little way I have made him proud of me.

BLESSINGS & WISHES FOR A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONES WHOSE BIRTHDAYS ARE IN THIS MONTH.  

Much love....

Sonya Syed. (Day 424)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019