Love, is it?



Since early hours of yesterday I had a feeling that I am missing something or someone badly, life seemed meaningless as if there is no inspiration left in me. I felt depressed and extremely torpid and lethargic; feelings of loneliness and despair were all over resulting in irritability.

I was unable to concentrate on anything and I thought that I am completely lost in this world. Food lost its attraction, although I had been fasting yet I didn’t have any inclination to eat or even looking at food.

Apparently, these symptoms point towards failure in romantic pursuit. However, what was alarming that there was neither any pursuing nor the factor of being pursued.

It was after the Iftaari (breaking of fast) I had to go to a nearby mall and for some strange reason I felt a pull towards a Cinnabon cafĂ©  where they made extremely delicious cinnamon rolls, I ordered my favorite chocolate roll and a cup of iced mocha (which was extremely bitter, so better try mocha frappe). 


Waiter brought my warm and soft roll that I reluctantly took a bite from. And suddenly, I felt that a 1000 watt bulb was switched on in my brain, with second and third bites more bulbs of same voltage lit. 

Within few seconds my brain was full of light and I felt as if I have found what I have looking for….Sugar!

All the above symptoms which until few hours ago were looking like a romantic failure were actually signs of light hypoglycemia and electrolytes imbalance. Due to fasting in Ramazan and more due to our improper eating habits, causing mineral loss, dehydration and fall in sugar levels we can easily suffer from the above symptoms.

Ramazan gives us a beautiful opportunity to get rid of our physical, emotional and spiritual toxins, yet in order to fully ripe the benefits of this blessed month we need to monitor our diet which should be simple, healthy and green. Our brain, heart and body needs balanced diet devoid of oily and heavy food to function properly.

With all this experience I realized that our thoughts and emotions are quite significantly dependent on our lifestyle and eating habits. So at times when we feel hurt or lost or in emotional pain it is possible that they could not be entirely due to our circumstances  rather how we think and feel, and our thoughts & emotions are dependent on how we chose to live.  

So choose to live healthy, peaceful & in joy.

Have a great Monday.

Sonya Syed. (Day 486)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019