Inspiration

I was wondering about today’s post and then I received a phone call from my new friend, for the sake of her privacy I’ll call her J. J is not only my friend but she was also one of my patients when I was doing acupressure and reiki at Dr. Zainab’s Clinic. She came to us as a depressed girl who had some serious family issues which had broken her both morally and emotionally. After few sessions with me and my colleagues she started to gain her confidence and became very positive.

Today when she called me her voice was filled with joy and enthusiasm for life, Masha Allah. She is working as a teacher at a nearby school where her amazing talent of handling and teaching children shone brilliantly. Although she has a Maters degree in Mass Communication but she didn’t have any idea that she has the gift and potential to educate children.

Whatever it may be she is happy, very busy and her family is happy for their daughter, this is only what matters.

Isn’t it wonderful to do something for others without any personal interest or gain and if your little contribution works then I believe that one’s purpose in life has been fulfilled.  

Today has been an exciting day in terms of pace of work. To be productively busy is amazing otherwise the body and mind becomes disoriented. The body machine must keep on working irrespective of age. Speaking of age I remember one of my friend’s youngest sister who is now in the making to become a dentist is also a fine businessperson. This 20 year old something learned to do makeup as a hobby and within few months Masha Allah has turned her hobby into a small business. Not only that she does evening/party makeup for her clients but also give make up training. I just read her review about makeup on facebook and I am impressed. Then there is another girl, a lawyer, whom I met very briefly has started her own culinary business to support her masters degree and have some extra pocket money.

While I was doing my graduation or working as an assistant lawyer neither me nor any of my classmates had ever thought to do any side business let alone make it a successful venture. All we knew was one way to go about our careers and making money. Nobody ever realized that we could have so many ways of looking at life. This is such an irony that we all have such a limited idea about ourselves. With these people around, I feel like a steam engine trying to cope with electric trains.

All I can say is that I am inspired to be amongst such talented people and I hope to learn a thing or two from them.

Until I learn, you all sleep tight and have sweet dreams.

Sonya. (Day 208)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019