To err is human



For few I have been struggling to write something worthwhile but couldn’t put it all together and then suddenly I got it. So let’s begin shall we.

First I need to express my despair for all the clashes which are taking place in Karachi and everywhere else in the country. One after another there is some disturbing news; I recently saw burnt theaters/ cinemas in the city’s downtown area and my heart ached for all the people who have lost livelihoods in this and many other similar mob attacks.
   
There are strong reasons for us to feel intensely about some issues but I couldn’t understand why does it have to destroy everyone and everything that comes in its way? Why are we unable to focus the fire within us in the right direction? A person who picks up a gun can be trained to become either a soldier or a terrorist.   

But in hope and many prayers we must live.

I just saw this image on facebook and couldn’t resist sharing it with you.

The Secret
Your life is a learning process - you can only become wiser from learning. Sometimes you might have to attract making a painful mistake to learn something important, but after the mistake you have far greater wisdom. And with that greater wisdom, you will never attract making the same mistake again. Good to know! From The Secret Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne

Its so true that we all become wiser with our mistakes, especially the painful ones. But to learn from our mistakes we must realize that we have made a mistake in the first place. I have learned my lessons the hard way, made some decisions without thinking.

The amazing thing about making a mistake is that when you are doing it you believe that you are most intelligent person alive, and nobody’s opinion is worth even listening to. However, now when I look back I can clearly see where I have been wrong and to be very honest my most common mistake was lack of gratitude.

Few years ago if you would have asked me if I am a grateful person I would have said, ‘Yeh sure I thank people when they do something for me.’ Nevertheless today I feel that I didn’t realize the depth and power of gratitude.

We only focus on ten or fifteen things in our entire life that happen according to our wishes but we remain unaware of the million blessings that are given to us every moment of every day.

I live in a city where facilities of life, and good education has been made easily accessible for me yet I never really thanked for either of them.

How easily I took for granted the fact that I am healthy, that I can see and take care of my needs. How easily I took for granted my education, the money that paid my fees, my parents who took care of me, the medical attention that I received as a child, to have food on my table and a roof over my head.

Everyday there were million things that I remained oblivious to. Today I feel that the length of any day or the span of my life is not enough to say how much Grateful I am for everyone and everything in life.

Thank you so much all of you for being with me. To have you all here gives me great joy and immense pleasure.  

Million thanks…. Love.

Sonya. (Day 359)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019