Baby’s day out



I am intimated and embarrassed due to my friend’s baby boy who is hardly two years old. This baby who is only in this world for less than two years, he cannot even speak properly, and have just learned to walk is operating IPad like a pro. His grandfather asks him to open GEO News on his Ipad and he quickly does that. I wish I could show you the video.

What is going on here, where am I living or more appropriately which era do I belong to? I mean this is crazy, even after a year of using a Smartphone I still can’t figure out how to send a business card.

Until two months ago I didn’t even know that there is something like viber or whatsapp, it was only after my Acupressure & Reiki professor begged me to install & use these apps I began using this stuff.

She said, ‘today even a 70 year old person is far more tech savvy than you’. I was a person who would keep my cellphone miles away from my room on a stand at the dining table in the lounge. If my callers were lucky then I would receive their calls.

I think when you understand the importance of something then you begin to use it fully. On the other hand, if anything is only an electrical device for you having no significance except of making calls and checking emails then you don’t even bother to take a second look at its functionality.

Another huge factor for my inaptness is my lazy attitude which hampers most of my technical growth.

Nevertheless, when everyone around you begins to point out that if you don’t know how to use these gadgets then you are not one of them. Now that’s a valid point.

Today, however is a new day and I am a new person. If anything, at least now I am trying to change but I need something strong to inspire me, something that would push me beyond my comfort zone. Becoming a technical outcast is a good motivation, nevertheless there has to be something more than the fear.  

In the wish for something more....

Good Night!

Sonya. (Day 431)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019