Nature


For some time I wanted to go for natural alternatives for aerosols like air-freshener and mosquito repellants and anywhere I turned for some guidance I couldn’t find suitable alternative. I have tried incense sticks (Agarbatti) but their sharp aroma gave me a headache and with the kind of toxins that are included in these sticks the idea was quickly rejected.

So yesterday when I read somewhere about burning frankincense (Loban or لوبان ) for fragrance it caught my attention. After a bit research I found that frankincense (an aromatic gum resin obtained from African and Asian trees of the genus Boswellia), is not only a natural bacteria killer and mosquito repellant but it has profound effects on mental states of a person.

John Hopkins University conducted a research on the effects of natural aromas and found that aroma of burning frankincense is highly effective for depression, anxiety, bronchitis, laryngitis, ulcers, nausea, hypertension, and so on. The smell of frankincense creates euphoric states. Besides for ages frankincense is used in burial ceremonies to purify and cleanse the environment of any decomposing caused by bacteria in air.

In Islam, Christianity, Jews, Hinduism burning of frankincense is a spiritual practice to remove the negative energies; probably that’s why almost all shrines and tombs have inherent aromas of frankincense. 

Quarter of a teaspoon of frankincense would burn for ten minutes in coal and it is better to use it in small amounts for brief periods; excess of anything is always harmful.

So I am all ready to incorporate frankincense in my life and home and especially during reiki sessions and if anyone of you visit my home then please don’t worry that I am practicing magic or witch craft or anything of the sort.

Similarly I have minimized the use of perfumes and shifted to Essence or Essential oils (Atar or عطر )

I love subtle beautiful fragrances but creating pollution externally and inhaling toxins is not the cost I am willing to pay so what is better than going back to the Mother Nature. 

With much affection.

Sonya. (Day 252)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019