Delightful Treats


What a day I had, since morning I have been running around but thankfully doing productive things. After a long time I went for indirect shopping today, indirect because I didn’t have anything to buy for myself but then few things attracted me and I bought them.

Probably after my school life I went to Tariq Road for buying some stuff. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this area in Karachi, it is place for some serious shopping mainly for ladies party and informal dresses, shoes and bags. Although I passed this street a million times since my last shopping there but due to heavy traffic could never gather the courage to stop and buy anything.

I am glad that I went there, everything has changed immensely and contrary to my fixed idea about the things there I was surprised at the available variety. 

Moreover, I was delighted to see a restaurant named “Khausa” in the midst of this very busy street. It is a cozy place which actually serves Khausa and has a good service as well, they also do home delivery.

Khausa is a dish with noodles/spaghetti and chicken served with coconut curry, originally introduced by Burmese who migrated to India but later this dish became highly popular with Gujrati and Memon families both in India and Pakistan. 

I had my first Khausa at my friend’s house when we were in school and since then it has been amongst my favorite dishes. Although I prefer to cook fresh Khausa; however, since this dish requires a lot of hard work and preparation so occasional home delivery could become handy.

So if anyone of you visits Tariq Road do check this restaurant and Khausa.

Have fun…

Good Evening!

Sonya. (Day 270)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019