Freedom of choice


It feels nice to be back, well if I come to think of it I’ve never left. But then the flu and sore throat got into the way and one becomes lethargic to get involved in any activity.

Our friend on the blog commented on my earlier post that taking time to read books is not as easy. I shall only say this if you really want to do something you will find time to do it; all you need is dedication.

Since last time so much has changed inside me as well as outside yet I still feel to be a work in progress. Over the time relations change either they evolve or alter their mode it can be true for friendships or any other relation.

Few of mine relations are in the process of evolving where people are trying to figure out a way to understand how to be with my new version. Well I don’t feel like I have changed but there are few around me who believes that I have taken a different path for my life. Yesterday while I was on the phone with a friend, she asked if I still watch TV. I didn’t know where that thought came from but I was surprised to here this question.  

I wonder who have I become for others around me, my mother believes that I give unnecessary advice to everyone. Someone has a problem, I believe to have its simple solution so I tell them that; however, I realize that people don’t really want a solution. All they need is someone to listen and allow them to remain trapped within the problem. Actually to give them the freedom of choice. Even if I am aware that the choice(s) which they would make would give them misery, I still have to keep my eyes closed and let them be.

Well come to think of it God does exactly the same, He gives us the freedom of choice. Whether we want to live a healthy life or smoke our lungs out, its our choice. Knowledge is there but the decision has to be ours.

I cannot save everyone nor can I help everybody, people make their choices and live with the consequences. You can guide them once or twice and after that you allow them to be.

I am also learning to cope within and without and all I pray that may God eases my journey.

Good Night!

Sonya. (Day 278)

Comments

Naved Ahsan said…
good one miss chubby :) any good advicess for me, for now :)

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019