Birthdays

Today is the birthday of one of my dear friend. A very Happy Birthday to Fauzia- you are wonderful friend and I shall always cherish the times we spent together. Thank you for being a sincere friend.
            Today is all about birthdays so I thought why not write on this subject. In my childhood birthdays were the highlight of the year, I used to wait for this day when I would get all the gifts and all my family will be with me. 

             And then! we grow up.... As we get older we tend to forget and easily ignore the little joys which were once available to us. We stop paying attention to ourselves and so easily loose ourselves in the chaos of daily life. We not only treat ourselves harshly but we also become insensitive toward others. The lame reason we give for not being emotionally available to our loved ones is that “I am too busy”.

            Of course this is 2012 and we are all busy. Or more appropriately we have deliberately made our selves busy so that we can wear this mask and alienate our hearts from any emotional bondage. 

            Life is going to run at this crazy pace but we need to stop every now and then. We need to make a strong commitment that no matter what we will be there for each other. We need to stop making excuses and hide behind our busy schedules.

            I have seen that if someone makes a commitment and decides to follow through then nothing and no one could dare to come in between. If you commit that you will be with your friend on his/her birthday then be there, not just in text message or a phone call but be there physically. Even if it is for 15 or 20 minutes then be it.

            Here it is also important to know that it is a two way process, you should not expect from others what you cannot give yourself. It is not possible that your friend will go all lengths and you don’t move an inch. Everyone in the relationship needs to understand that we are all humans and we need other humans. Just because you have a demanding job or are married or have children this does not mean that you are complete. 

            Job, husband or children have their wonderful place in life but the moments you share with your friends or other family members are unique. 

            So today lets make open our hearts and turn this into opportunity. Lets become aware of our love which we have buried in our souls. Lets not be afraid to love and be loved. Lets share our joy with everybody around us.  

P.S.  Sadia and Maria both of you are very special to me, I thank both of you from my heart for always being there for me. Love to all.
 
With all my prayers…

Sonya Syed. (Day 380)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019