Colour

If you enter my home these days the first thing you would notice is the killer fragrance of fresh paint. Initially it seemed like an answer to all my prayers for home improvement but when everything gets upside down you begin to question yourself as to how on earth you would resettle it all.  However, once you begin to witness the outcome of others and your effort in taking care of your home then nothing matters.

         It is not always about achieving your target but the real fun is when you enjoy the  journey you have to take before you reach your goal. 

        After many, many many years I had a cup of black coffee. There was a time when I actually enjoyed this drink, for the reason(s) still unknown to me. It was I think my 10th grade exams when I needed to study at night. So after a lot of deliberation it was decided to get myself used to of some caffeine.

       I never liked tea although my family tried their best to convince me otherwise, but I was determined that tea is not going to be my love. At that time, and for so many years afterwards, I also disliked having milk or anything made with it. Under those circumstances black coffee appeared to be the only sensible choice.

      That’s how coffee entered my life and since then we have a pretty good relationship. Although now I have really came to my senses and always take coffee with milk, but only once a day and that to in a very small amount.

      Excess of coffee or cold drink drains our body of calcium so it is better to have a check and balance on the intake.

     These days I am also struggling with my wardrobe, I am developing dissatisfaction over the clothes made by my tailor and even the boutique items. And the reason for the dissatisfaction is my Mom. Yes she literally told me that if am her daughter and if I love her then I have to learn stitching. A heavy price she asked for raising me. 

      Stitching is one thing in my life which truly frightens me. I can safely say that it was easy for me study financial accounting but working with threads, needle and a sewing machine scares the hell out of me. 

     As a token of love to my Mom I have learned stitching properly though not entirely. Thus after daily nightmares and lot of struggle I finally know a thing or two about clothes. 

      I cannot at all claim to be an expert; however, I have developed an eye to quickly see if tailor/designer has taken pains or if he/she has hurriedly dealt with a dress.

     Consequently, it is becoming increasingly dissatisfying for me to accept anything badly stitched. I have no idea as to how I would manage this new tendency in me so,

‘God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference- Amen’ *

Sonya Syed. (Day 381)

* Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019