Its all good!



Finally, finally I am here! I feel so happy to have the time to come and talk to you all. It was so disturbing that I was unable to be on the blog, it almost felt as if I could not breath. 

Since we had a little bit of paint at home everything got upside down. There is one chore after another, day ends but the work does not. Although we did not do any major changes but once you get to cleaning so much comes out. By the time I got some free moments I was so exhausted that even looking at the computer tired me.  

Today I thought come what may but I shall write. Blogging is one of the most comforting activities for me because it relaxes my mind. It is my outlet to say whatever I wish and if I have something positive to share then its all good. 

It is a blessing to be with all of you who have stood by me for four years now. Yup I started this blog on December 2008 and it has been wonderful journey.

Yesterday for some strange reason I stopped at a channel which was showing a makeup tutorial. The model was really pretty with beautiful almond eyes, and the alleged makeup expert was dressing her for mehndi.

As she applied the yellow-gold eye shadow on the model a sudden rush of current moved through my spine. After few seconds when I came back to my senses I realized that her eye makeup scared  me to death and I was in shock. The first thought that came to my mind was about the groom who would have to see this Fear Factor up close. I mean really it was just too much makeup and on mehndi..

Why do we have to apply layers and layers of whitening powder, dark eye shadows, to give a glowing look? No wonder all brides-to-be go through sleep less nights when they had to select the beautician for their big day. It does not matter if you are paying 7k or Rs.50k for your makeup, the risk is always the same.

On a wedding day guests on stage stand only few inches away from the bride and what we mostly see is white layered bride. The white foundation, the cake or powder is almost visible to everybody present. Some argue that heavy makeup is not for the guests it is for the cameras and pictures. Then again even if the makeup is for cameras it can be done in lighter tones expertly and would still look great both off and on screen.

I am no one to judge but even the brides is white gowns with controlled makeup look stunning, it’s a matter of balance.

I am sorry for all my male readers who have to read such an in depth makeup analysis but this is the beauty of our blog that I can say whatever is on my mind without the apprehension of being judged.  

Once again I am so grateful to be able write and to have all of you as my extended family. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Sonya. (Day 394)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019