Work in progress



Sometimes what we see is not the truth, and sometimes the truth cannot be seen. Many times we judge people based on their apparent outlook, we don’t really inquire about the truth, rather we settle on the evidence of what is presented in front of our eyes.

It was my chemistry class I believe, there was a group of bright girls in my class. They were always together, having fun and studying. My only connection with them was our routine greetings, I always wanted to befriend them but for some reason our acquaintance never reached a point friendship.

Then one fine day we were all sitting together, of course no body was talking to me, I opened my favorite chips packet (Slims, well-known among karachites). Everybody suddenly looked at me, I offered them my chips and within few seconds we all were chatting and laughing our lungs out. It seemed as if a wall was broken between us and all the barriers were removed.

Later the girls told me that due to my strangely reserved attitude, they all thought that I was a snob and a weirdo, but as soon as I started to talk and share their opinion about me changed.

It is not first time that this has happened but on many occasions people have misjudged me or misinterpreted my quietness. My behavior sometimes make me a weirdo. The truth is that I am a pure introvert or may be socially inapt. I actually don’t know how to start a wonderful conversation or how to make friends, so instead of making a complete fool of myself I stay quite. If someone else makes the first effort then I am more than glad to respond.

Two wonderful ladies who became my best friends, have always launched one similar complaint against me ‘you dumbo if I hadn’t taken the first step, we would have never became best friends’.

So true, it was them who talked to me first, visited my home first, shown me the ropes and taught me how to behave like a civilized person.

Over the time I have been able to develop communication skills, but I am still a work in progress.

In prayers, I shall take your leave.

Sonya Syed. (Day 503)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019