Dilwale Dulhania Ley Jaengey



­­Thank you all for the warm acceptance of my earlier post “In the name of love (Children series 1). I know that I might have been harsh in the choice of my words but it is a serious issue that needs our immediate attention. I have also Children Series 2 and 3 coming soon and the topics are once again very near to my heart.

Few years ago I went to perform Umrah (Muslim pilgrimage other than Hajj), it was my first visit so my friends and family were pretty excited for me, as for me I was ecstatic because I had been told that all our prayers are accepted in Umrah- no exceptions.

At that time my life was very simple I just needed few things that I considered precious for my happy existence in the world. So I heartily prayed and begged and cried, and returned with stubborn confidence that all my prayers shall now be answered, positively.

Every passing day my confidence grew, and in the heart of my hearts I was damn sure that one by one all the wishes are going to be granted.

So as the days went and I was moving ahead with confidence, I saw that rather than positive answer and manifestations of my prayers all my wishes / prayers were rejected, one by one. Not only that they were rejected but every possibility, slightest hope of them getting ever fulfilled, vanished.

I was disappointed, angry, lost and my faith was challenged. All my life I prayed, never hurt or harmed anyone (at least knowingly), and now when I prayed at my first holy pilgrimage- instead of being granted my wishes God took everything away. Why? What have I done wrong? I didn’t ask for winning an Oscar Award or having a mansion in Beverly Hills or becoming Prime minister. My wishes were very simple, so why didn’t Allah listened to me?

No answer came from His side and gradually I adjusted with life, what other option did I have? That’s what we all do, right.

Then slowly something started to change within, nothing happening on the outside but something was happening- shifting within me. I was waking up from the deep slumber of unawareness. One after another opportunity started to knock on the door of my life, I didn’t get what I prayed for but started to receive much more.

As if the old building structure (i.e. my thoughts, feelings, fixed ideas about my capability, my strength) was being bulldozed and a big, new and beautiful building was being designed and created just for me.

And I realized that whatever I was asking for was just a tiny dot, an underestimation of myself and my capabilities, as to what Allah has planned for me. New opportunities began to unfold and step by step my life changed miraculously.

I didn’t win an Oscar, or bought my house in Bill Gates’s neighbourhood (although that would have been nice too) but I woke up and became conscious of what I already have been blessed with, what I can achieve, what I can become, and above all I understood that God is with me as my Friend, as my Career Advisor, as my PR Consultant, as my Relationship Manager, as my Mentor, as my Teacher, as my Stylist working 24/7 with me.
­­

Life is not always easy, it can be tough, unfair, people in your life can sometimes be jerks, and sometimes it even challenges your faith. But hold on. Just like Shah Rukh Khan in the last fight scene of Dilwale Dulhania Ley Jaengey, when he gets badly beat up by the villain and was all bruised, bleeding and hurt- somewhere in loosing that fight he musters all his courage, gets up and beat the hell out of the villain.


So my lovelies when you get hurt, fail and fall flat on your face- get up, muster your courage, and beat the hell out of your circumstances. Because..Dulhania tu dilawale hi ley ke jate hain..

Remember, when our prayers are answered be happy but when they are not answered, be very grateful because something amazing is on its way.

This is not philosophy but the truth of life.

May we all see our true potentials….

Much love,

Sonya Syed. (Day 519)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019