The Alchemist

Enchanted, curious and excited- these are the words which can slightly explain my inner state that I am going through after reading few pages of ‘The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho’. This is my first book by this writer, although he is as an acclaimed author but I was always reluctant to buy his books as he focuses on spiritual themes.

When we talk about spirituality then I already have my favorites, and if someone new has to join the list then he needs to be the best. So when he was highly praised by my spiritual mother Oprah Winfrey I had to read his work, and by the initial looks of few pages I am pretty sure that I will enjoy this journey and also take some precious souvenirs.

I saw Paulo’s interview with Oprah which she did at his residence in Geneva, Switzerland. If Oprah went all the way to interview him, then there must be something in his work.

I loved these lines from a passage in The Alchemist, “When someone sees the same people every day, they wind up becoming a part of that person’s life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn’t what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own”.

In the midst of all this I have fallen in love, no it’s not what you are thinking, but I have fallen for Geneva and I would love to have my second home there. Geneva is pretty awesome guys, although never been there except via Yash Chopra’s movies but still my heart is set on it. Since God is my Head Financial Consultant/ Arranger so I am sure He will make arrangements in this regard.

Anyways back to Karachi and background sounds of rickshaw and bikes, which is also beautiful and the love of my life. Dear Ones, I have to return to my book and shall take your leave now.

Have a fantastic life!

Affections & prayers….

Sonya Syed. (Day 520)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019