New Year Resolution…


Every where I turned I kept on hearing about new year resolutions, some focused on loosing weight some were dedicated to leave unhealthy habits and so on. Last year I also made some resolutions which I don’t remember anymore, but I know that I did have something like resolutions.

So this year I made a resolution of not making any resolution, all I intend to do in 2012 is to stay intensely present in the Now, the present moment.

I decided that this year I will not carry the baggage of any painful thought or emotion from my past, nor I will drive my self crazy by worrying unnecessarily about the future.

I will stay in the present moment because past has no power over me anymore and our future is merely an extension of our present moment.

And I have to say, that this idea of staying in the Now is also appreciated by God because on the first day of 2012 I was blessed with an anointed opportunity to make peace and reconcile with someone with whom I have been estranged with few years ago. This person is one of the people I respect like my elders.

Although I was dreaming about dissolving this rift since August 2011 but I really could not understand the meaning behind my dreams yet I felt that it was the time to break the ice. However, before making any move I wanted to be absolutely sure that this was just not my own wish/worry thinking or some hidden agendas which I might have.

So while I was sitting quietly on New Year’s morning focusing on my breathing trying to meditate, images of this particular person began to emerge vigorously. I talked to my Mom about all this and the push she gave me was all I needed.

A little nervous I called and what I found out on making that call was everybody there also wanted to contact me as much as I did.

To my surprise I am feeling very lite since I called, as if a big burden has been lifted off my shoulders. This means that there was really something which needed to be settled and I am so thankful to God, that He made it all so easy for me. 

If I have carried this burden with me believing that it was nothing important, then I could have developed a Blind Spot in my soul which might have changed into some physical illness.

This is the case with Blind Spots, they are the dark areas which we conveniently bury in our mind. When we have either suffered from pain or have made someone else suffer and if we don’t accept, surrender, forgive ourselves and others then this hidden dark area or Blind Spot will turn into cancer or some other deadly disease.

Forgiveness doesn’t mean that you ignore the pain or trauma, rather you fully accept that its there But decide not to let it affect you anymore. You allow the problem to go into God’s hand without any resistance, and pray that the situation be peacefully healed for all involved.

This year my friends may we all heal our souls..…

Love…..

Sonya. (Day 258)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019