Perspectives


You prepare yourself, move everything out of the way and design your entire day keeping in mind one important task. Then as you are all set to perform the task you come to know that it has been postponed. I don’t about all of you but I get a headache to have all my energies wasted for nothing.

Throughout the afternoon I was feeling terrible because I missed out a meeting. Just few minutes earlier I took a tiny pinch of salt, ate a fruit, rolled the golf ball between both my palms (to activate pressure points on my hands) and to my surprise the intensity of headache is significantly reduced. Now I merely have a little sensation on the forehead and that is bearable. I guess the sodium and chloride in salt balanced the electrolytes of my brain. Anyways the task left out today is planned for tomorrow and I hope that it goes well.

(People suffering from hypertension should consult their physician first if they can have tiny pinch of salt occasionally for serious headaches or migraines).

It is strange when few months ago someone told me to come out of my creative zone  and look at my law practice as a commercial enterprise. With all the creative or ideological views I have about my work there is a commercial to aspect of my practice, he said.

He further contended his stance by saying that it should be dealt like business because the rules are same. There is a product (my legal services), there is a target market for the product. Finally there is marketing of the product leading to sales and consequently earning of profits.

He said even if someone is a painter or designer or belonging to any other form of creativity unless their products are sold and profits are made there is no point to it.

Many of my senior lawyers wouldn’t approve this kind of commercialized view about their work though. Yet whatever that person said does make sense at some level and gives an entirely new perspective of law practice. Frankly I never thought like this before and I still struggle a bit to fully absorb this view.

It is good to have diverse outlooks on a subject some of them could be enlightening.

Tomorrow is another day so I now take your leave….

Good Night!

Sonya. (Day 241)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019