Surprises


Against my daily routine I switched on TV in morning and by chance landed on CNN where in their segment World Sports they showed a report on Karachi’s Liyari area. I had no idea that for years, Liyari has been producing world class boxers. 

For a moment my eyes couldn’t believe what I just saw. I was pleasantly surprised. Children and young adults participating in boxing sports amidst of the unrest and disturbances which surrounds this locality. Those children and adults were funded to study and get trained on community basis with little or no support from either the public or private sector.

Then there are also excellent football players belonging to the same area Liyari.

Another pleasant surprise which came is my favorite Pakistani actress Reema getting married this month. I am truly happy for this lady she has worked hard to be where she is today. Although I don’t know her personally but I have seen her personality transformed over the years. The first movie which she produced and directed “Koi Tujh Saa Kahan” was a suspense thriller which is always difficult to make. If the suspense movie has bad direction it becomes a comedy.

I watched that movie in theater and as the final suspense scene was revealed in the film, entire theater packed up to 200 audiences jumped from their seats. I must say she did a wonderful job there.

I wonder as to how many of our treasures are hidden from the world’s eye. We as a country has so much to offer and all we need is wisdom, sincerity and passionate dedication to bring positive changes.

Good Night & much affections…

Sonya. (Day 238)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019