Inspiration


In the company of the accomplished, you learn to accomplish too, or be inspired to do it too.*

I liked this line and it inspired me to begin today’s post. Yes its so true that the people around us have great influence on us. One is not required to be in physical proximity but merely by observing someone accomplished one could learn a lot. Probably that’s why when anybody is learning to paint or draw they are asked to watch the work of the artists before them and also the work of other people living in their times.

It has happened to me while I thinking to write blog. I got interested in writing when one of my cousins invited me to visit her blog, but when I wrote few paragraphs I realized that writing is not my cup of tea. I thought I should better stick to writing straightforward legal opinions and drafting of agreements as that was what I learned to do.

A year elapsed after registering to Blogspot, I didn’t write single word and one day I saw Mr. Amitabh Bachchan talking about his blog in some TV interview. Then the next day the newspaper I picked up mentioned his blog. Every time I switched on TV there he was asking the audience to visit his blog for in depth view of his films.

Being interested in films I couldn’t resist the temptation of getting some film news, who’s new, who’s out, what’s going on? Few days into reading his posts/articles I felt tingling sensation in my brain. So I logged into my Blog Spot account and started to write without even giving it a second thought.

If you read my initial posts you could clearly see that I was writing in his style. Gradually I realized that his age, profession and life experiences are too different from mine, his posts reflect him.

On the other hand my posts should be according to how I experience life, they should mirror me. Slowly I altered my way of expression and the use of vocabulary; however, on occasions I do slip into his way of writing.

I tried to read other bloggers but could hardly relate to them or feel comfortable with them.

It is so wonderful to be inspired by someone and then finding your quality. May be that’s why I couldn’t start writing immediately, you cannot copy anybody. Unless you feel a certain tingling sensation around your heart, also called joy or enthusiasm, for any thing then there is no point in doing it.

It is strange that when I look back I could not recollect a moment when I had that joyous feeling for law. In fact the reason I chose to become a lawyer was because that as child I associated law with power.

Trust me this is not the right reason to select any profession; there should be zeal, joy, excitement but not the aim to become powerful or strong.

On that note I take your leave.

Have a great day!

Sonya. (Day 314)

* From Amitabh Bachchan’s Blog “http://bigb.bigadda.com/”

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love to read ur blogs,in fact I must say that you r an inspiration to me. Keep it up hon!
Sonya Syed said…
Thanks so much for taking time to read my posts and thank you for your encouragement & appreciation.....

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019