Date of Birth


I planned to write today’s post earlier but for one reason or the other it got delayed. By twelve at night sleeps tend to raid the senses and thoughts become incoherent, it gets difficult to express and the keys in front are blurred. Nevertheless, if a commitment is made then it should be fulfilled.

Yesterday I had an invitation from a dear friend of mine Sadia who invited me to her son Mustafa’s fifth birthday on 5th May. I’m not good at remembering birthdays but I was sure that Mustafa was born in November; of course I didn’t recollect the exact date.

Today when my friend called me I confirmed her son’s date of birth and to my surprise I was correct it was in November and not in May. Then the obvious question was as to why are we celebrating Mustafa’s birthday on 5th May. She replied to my desperate query by saying that, “I had a huge debate with Mustafa and strangely enough he has decided to celebrate his birthday in May and I just couldn’t convince him otherwise.”

The next issue which arose was of his age, whether they celebrate it as his 5 or 5.5 or 6th Birthday because he is going to turn six in November this year. The idea of 5.5th birthday was rejected by another mom because she feared that following in Mustafa’s footsteps her son will also ask her to celebrate his 5.7th birthday or may be he would demand to have his birthday celebrated every month. Fearing that a dangerous custom of having birthdays every month will be set, thus they jointly decided to celebrate this as Mustafa’s fifth birthday.

Mustafa is a unique person like her mom, who could surprise you anytime with anything. I was always scared of her pranks and decisions in College (we did our BBA together) she is extremely intelligent bordering to genius-ness Masha Allah. When she gets in her fun mode everybody becomes alert as she might play any prank on anybody.

One day in college she brought a new pen with her and she took me to the admin office as she suddenly wanted to have autograph of our elderly office manager. Being polite to Sadia’s request Sir happily agreed and she forwarded that new pen. The moment Sir opened pen’s cap BANG! And there was the huge blast of firecracker.

Sir, who was quite heavy weight, fell down from his seat in front of at least ten people. And Sadia, the devil started to laugh madly and without any shame I too became hysterical by seeing what just happened. Embarrassed, Sir as well started to laugh and I cannot put in words as to what happened with other people present in that room.

God is always Merciful to us, so no action was taken against us by our Principal who was sitting in the next room. 

This is only one of many incidences where we were saved only because of God’s Grace. So if now her son suddenly decides to have his birthday few months earlier then we should know that this is genetic.

Regardless of the day or month he has all my prayers, love and best wishes for all his birthdays.

Happy B.. oh sorry Good Night!

Sonya. (Day 298)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019