Bit by bit


It is such a relief to eventually clean up my wardrobe; I have been planning to take up this humongous task since months so when today I cleaned it all up the whole experience proved to be therapeutic. I was so attached to some of my clothing items that I have kept them since I was in Class tenth. Yeh I know its insane but it is true…  I don’t know whether there material was good or they looked good; nevertheless, I kept them with me all along. The amazing part is that I can still easily fit in most of my old clothes.

Whether its cleaning the wardrobe or drawers filled with paperwork it is always a refreshing activity. If one has gone solo to do such tedious work then you should be prepared to endure the backaches, but all’s well that ends well.

Annual budget is on its way in Pakistan and soon details of price hikes shall be revealed to public. I wonder what do they mean by budget? In common understanding budget is termed as a systematic plan for the expenditure of a usually fixed resource, such as money or time, during a given period. However, with our experiences of budget, government always give new meaning to this word.

What we have seen with budgets that prices of everyday items are maximized, of course some subsidies are also given. Yet the overall impact of budget is so vast that titbits of relief here and there hardly means anything and unfortunately it sweeps common man of all his reserves. The business sector has experienced major disturbances today after few astonishing announcements by the State Bank. God knows where all this chaos would lead our already ailing economy.

In such times our elders have told us to remain steadfast to hope and faith but honestly these situations turn out to be true testers of our belief. When everything is well, its easy to be hopeful but the real challenge comes where the rubber meets the road. 

Lets keep our fingers crossed and pray for the magnificent outcomes to all that is challenging. And let’s not forget there have been some good times as well. But to really see the good times we need to dig deep down and really see all our blessings bit by bit. Lets us take the following words by Gautama Buddha to be our inspiration today:

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so let us be all thankful”

Thank You Lord for the health to read and write this Blog Post for today.

Good Night!

Sonya. (Day 311)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019