Day 2


No electricity at office something went terribly wrong with the wiring. However, I must say that the building management is co-operative and is trying its best to solve the problem. With no fans or A.C. it’s really hot for December. But In the midst of nothingness and silence I had a moment to be still and when I looked around me a sudden flash of subtle energy went through me and in that instance I realized how much I’m blessed with. I was born in a family where my birth was received wholeheartedly; I have all of my senses intact; health, eyes, hands, legs. I had the love & care of my parents, more than enough food, luxuries, resources, education, loyal & sincere friends, opportunities to work with some of the best people in the business, this office, my home. Above all, the freedom to take my own decisions. The list goes on and on of the countless blessings when compared to the things that I prayed for but haven’t received yet or the things that went wrong in my life are limited to only 8-10 items. I feel like a brat who wastes so much time in whining over those few things. I guess that’s how it is; we are somewhat more comfortable in focusing only on the lack, period.

Nevertheless, one blessing that I have been always vocal about is television. There are couple of shows that are now integral part of my life but I am a bit ashamed to admit that most of them are Indian TV shows like Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Sony-Sab TV), CID (Sony), Baa Bahu aur Baby (Star Plus). With another favorite being Midsomer Murder (Hallmark). On the contrary, there is nothing substantial from Pakistan TV, except The Omer Shareef Show (GEO TV), which is a great delight.

It is commendable that in just a decade Indian cinema and TV have really grown big. On the other hand it’s painful to witness the collapse of our own Pakistani film industry; whereas our TV industry did survive but what remains of it now is just a caricature of Indian TV and the classic Pakistan Television (PTV) era. I miss those good old days of PTV when each play was a classic and those memories shall always remain engraved on our minds.

Growth and change are inevitable and there is no harm in following new trends but to allow ourselves to drown in the tsunami of glamour and to loose our uniqueness shall always be an option, Right !!

Love and a very good night..

Sonya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019